They claim to purify the air to 99.9%, but reading the fine print, they are just filter systems that take out the larger particles to this level.
Many ‘air-purifiers’ make sweeping claims
VECOTHOR AIR160 is different. It can actually deliver on its promise because it uses three different high-perfomance technologies: Filtration, UV-C Light Disinfection AND Air Ionization, to eliminate contaminants and micro-organisms.
These three high-performance air-purification methods are uniquely combined into a single high-tech unit that is suitable for smaller areas up to 100 m3. Purifying the air you breathe is no longer a superfluous
luxury. An increasing number of micro-organisms and chemical pollutants are commonly found in the air we
breathe in indoor environments. These can include viruses, bacteria and moulds. These all make our air less healthy to breath. VECTOTHOR AIR160 is a compact, stand-alone system, immediately ready-for-use with simple installation and maintenance. Easy to service, stylish and effective it’s the perfect air purifying system for so many applications.
ADVANTAGES OF THE VECTOTHOR AIR160
- Disinfects and purifies the air up to 99.99%
- Eliminates micro-organisms that are present In the air
- Improves the quality of the air/promotes a comfortable feeling
- Purifies the air in enclosed areas
- Has a positive effect on your health
- Strengthens the resistance of the body against diseases
- Inhalation allergies are reduced or disappear
- Anxiety and depression can be reduced, or disappear
- Diseases can be prevented
- Viruses – including influenza, whooping cough & more
- Dust and particulates
- Cigarette smoke
- Harmful gases
HOW DOES IT WORK?
3. IONIZATION – PURIFIES
- • After the UV-C treatment, the ionizer launches 8.5 million negative ions per cm3 into the treated air.
- • Poor air contains many positive ions. Micro-organisms easily spread through the air using these positive
ions, as do dust, pollen and other pollutants. Fresh air typically contains up to 4,000 negative ions per cm3, but this figure is much lower in enclosed rooms, often well below 50 ions per cm3.
- • The negative ions introduced by the VECTOTHOR AIR160’s Ioniser form compounds with the positive ions present. The compounds thus formed are too heavy to float in the air; so they sink down and are captured by the 3M HAFE filter.
- • The large number of negative ions produced improves the resistance of the human body, and may even promote healing processes.
2. UV-C RADIATION – STERILISES & ELIMINATES MICRO-ORGANISMS
- • The air is then treated with UV-C radiation via the high-performance Philips UV-C lamp, generating ultraviolet radiation with a wavelength of 253.7 nm. The UV-C light destroys the DNA (cellular structure) of viruses, bacteria, moulds, fungi and other micro-organisms and prevents their reproduction. This ensures disinfected air, free of these dangerous micro-organisms in a healthy and efficient way.
- • The unique aluminium lining of the Disinfection Chamber reflects the UV-C radiation back
into the centre of the Chamber, to better ensure the total destruction of micro-organisms, since they are hit with UV-C radiation from all angles.
1. FILTRATION – REMOVES AIRBORNE PARTICLES AND POLLUTANTS
- • A quiet, high-performance Ventilator draws the air through a hospital-grade 3M High Air Flow Electrostatic (HAFE) Filter into the Disinfection Chamber.
- • 3M HAFE filters use an electrostatic charge, to operate with twice the efficiency of standard filters, so attract, capture, and retain more pollutants and particles. Plus, the filter’s open channel structure ensures
maximum particle removal and maximum airflow.
- • The 3M HAFE filter also keeps the Disinfection Chamber of the VECTOTHOR AIR160 cleaner, so optimised air disinfection is guaranteed.
- • The 3M HAFE filter includes an antimicrobial agent that prevents mould growth further increasing performance.
- • Airborne dust capture also helps maintain productivity of in-room heating and air-conditioning units.