With yet another sweltering summer just around the corner, it is high time for all Australian households and businesses to find a way to ensure a pest-free season. This time of the year can be particularly challenging for the eateries, hospitals, and other commercial establishments that require a pest-free environment for optimal operations. Out of all pest control measures available, flying insect light trap is considered to be a safe and effective alternative. Available in many different sizes and forms, these traps are capable of removing a high percentage of flying insects before they can cause any serious hazard.
How do flying insect light traps work:
Most of the conventional insect killers utilise high voltage grids to kill the insects. On the other hand, insect light traps are designed based on the fact that most of the insects can see ultraviolet (UV) radiations. This is why nocturnal insects are readily attracted towards light sources. UV light technology is applied by the light insect traps to entice the insects and trap them in a concealed glue board.
Though there are variations across ranges and manufacturers, the basic attributes of the flying insect lights traps are
- Housing: In general, this is a cage-like structure with a light within.
- Light: As ultraviolet (UV) radiations are emitted, almost all types of flying insects are attracted.
- Attractant: Certain types of pheromones and smells are often used in the glue boards to attract the pests closer.
- Trap: In some cases, the insects are caught in a pan placed at the bottom of the trap. The ones with glue boards make use of adhesives to catch the insects.
Placing the trap:
Strategic placement of light traps around the building is critical to its performance. Mentioned below are some simple guidelines that you may follow while placing your flying insect light trap.
- Installation near the entrance of a room maximises the probability of catching the insects before they can enter the room.
- Target the areas with a high population of insects.
- Target the warmer areas because flying insects generally thrive in these pockets of your home.
Please keep the following factors in mind while installing your insect light trap.
- Avoid areas closer to other sources of light as this may make your trap ineffective
- Avoid high-traffic areas because there is a higher chance of the trap getting damaged.
- Do not install traps in areas closer to your kitchen or dining space.
At Vectothor, we have a comprehensive range of light traps that are discreet in terms of both design and appearance. We have been the most preferred choice in Australia for hospitals, hospitality industry, food management programs, or anyone with a high-performance flying insect management program.
Some of the key attributes of our flying insect light trap are
- Natural contrast grids.
- The temperature trap is ideal for almost all flying insects.
- HACCP food industry compliant glue boards that are temperature optimised.
- Insect counting software for easy HACCP reporting.
- Advanced UV-A Sunlight technology.
Please contact our experts today to enjoy a pest-free summer with your family and friends.