Flies are extremely common pests found in both indoor and outdoor environments, particularly on hot summer days. Once a few of them are spotted indoors, it is time to take control measures because they can multiply in almost no time. Therefore, this problem must be addressed as soon as possible.
There are many different types of fly control products available. If you want the best possible protection against flies, electronic UV-A fly light traps can be a good option for you. However, in order to ensure optimum performance of fly light traps, it is important to take certain points into consideration. In this brief discussion, we will share some simple tips that will help you achieve optimum performance from your light traps.
Firstly, for controlling any pest around your home or business, it makes sense to gather some idea about the habits and life cycle of the pest you are looking to eliminate. Mentioned below are some important points to take into account while using a fly light trap.
- Flies venture into our living spaces mostly in search of food. This is why they tend to gather around our kitchens or dining rooms. It is important to remember that all fly control measures are not suitable for these food handling areas.
- In general, flies prefer places with light and sunshine. Also, they are naturally drawn towards the higher parts of a room because these areas are warmer. Taking these points into account can enhance the performance of fly light traps.
- Depending on the environment, it may help to have a set up that remains discreet, but still attracts flies using light.
There are many different types of insect light traps available in the market, including glueboard types, electrocuting types, and combinations of the two. They also come in many different shapes and sizes such as freestanding, corner-mount, ceiling-mount, and wall-mount. More often than not, right placement of these traps is the key to better performance.
- Inside the facility, the traps should be placed way from the windows and outside doors.
- Traps should never be placed in areas that are brightly lit because other sources of light may complete with the light from the trap.
- It is highly effective to install the traps along the path to processed or stored food because the flies get funnelled easily into narrow spaces.
- Nothing should be placed in front of the traps so that the flies are able to see the light.
- In food-processing areas, fly light traps should be placed in a manner that draws flies away from the food. Therefore, NEVER place them near food prep surfaces or over exposed food.
- Avoid placing the traps near air blowers or in areas with strong air currents.
If you have more questions about enhancing the performance of your fly light traps, please contact us at Vectothor.